It does seem like a long seven weeks, but finally the day is upon is: tomorrow (Thursday) is polling day.
We’d like to urge you to vote Green for the following reasons:
- Only the Greens are deeply serious about climate change and this real and present danger to our way of life.
- Only the Greens will fight flat-out for an inclusive, tolerant society with a positive vision for a sustainable future.
- Only the Greens are fully committed to a fully public NHS, with free prescriptions for medication.
- Only the Greens want an economy that truly works for everyone.
- Only the Greens will introduce a universal basic income.
- Only the Greens will tackle the stress and family pressures that come from our long working hours culture (we’ll phase in a 4 day week).
- Only the Greens will launch a major programme to build affordable, zero carbon homes, including 100,000 social rented homes each year by 2022.
There’s plenty more on our manifesto website: https://www.greenparty.org.uk/green-guarantee/
Finally, forget all the noises-off about Greens standing in the way of a Labour victory in Broxtowe. If Labour want to win then they need to win on their own platform, not by trying to persuade other parties to stand aside.
As Jonathan Bartley, Green Party co-leader says:
“My message to voters ahead of tomorrow is to vote with your heart, and vote Green.”